Adobe Reader and Acrobat 8.2.6 update available for download
Adobe Systems has released a security update for Adobe Reader 8.2.6 and earlier versions for Windows, Macintosh and UNIX and for Adobe Acrobat 8.2.6 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh.
Critical vulnerabilities have been identified in Adobe Reader 8.2.5 and earlier versions and Adobe Acrobat 8.2.5 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh. These vulnerabilities could cause the application to crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected system.
The Updates are available for download from the Adobe Download Center:
Adobe recommends users of Adobe Reader 8.2.5 and earlier versions for Windows and Macintosh update to Adobe Reader 8.2.6, available now. Adobe recommends users of Adobe Acrobat 8.2.5 and earlier 8.x versions for Windows and Macintosh update to Adobe Acrobat 8.2.6.
Adobe Reader and Acrobat 8.2.6 Release notes - February 8, 2011
This release provides enhancements, better stability, performance, and security. See Improvements and Fixed Bugs below for a complete list.
Improvements - Security
- The Acrobat team is aggressively fixing security vulnerabilities and hardening the application. While these cannot be itemized here, users should note that this release contains important security enhancements.
- This release installs an updated Flash Player.
- Patching Acrobat 8 or Acrobat 9 or both simultaneously using ARM or SAI is supported on Macintosh.
- Patching from a different admin user than the owner does not interfere with launching the application on Macintosh.
- Updating 8 or 9 will not interfere with future updates of 10.x.
Adobe Reader and Acrobat 8.2.6 - Bug fixes
- 2640732: Embedded Reader crashes IE7 web browser when closing web application window via a button.
- 2794802: Internet Explorer crashes when user tries to login to Acrobat.com.
- 2774881: A Review workflow continuously asks for resources from Acrobat.com in spite of Acrobat.com responding with a 304.
Adobe Reader and Acrobat 8.2.2 Release notes